United in our common goal of having passion and taking pride in the work we do, living with a successful together mindset is the promise of every single member of the EDA Family in work and at home.
It is our promise to each other, project partners, vendors, and our community, to recognize the opportunities to work together and create the best results.
"It is important for us to deliver on our promise to be successful together throughout the entire company and within our community."
― Karissa Czepiga, Coordinator of Culture, Innovation, and Learning
EDA Cares gives back to our community and improve the lives of others while simultaneously fostering a sense of comradery among our EDA Family, who get involved in programs they are passionate about.
At EDA, we recognize the unique position we are in to help our communities through volunteering, using our trades and skills, and raising funds for worthy causes. The passion and dedication from our family members is the driving force behind the success of EDA Cares’ numerous community projects, including:
- Building planters for the Veterans Multi-Purpose Center of Philadelphia
- Hosting Nicholas’ Construction Day in coordination with Make-A-Wish Philadelphia, Delaware & Susquehanna Valley
- Volunteering with FAWN Food Pantry and donating over 10,500 pounds of groceries to families in need in Philadelphia
- Raising over $15,000 for the Janine Hee Memorial Scholarship Foundation which provides financial aid to students attending Paul VI High School
- Re-roofing the storage shed for Blessed Margaret of Castello Home for Crisis Pregnancies so they can store donated baby items to help pregnant women in need. In addition, EDA donated almost $900 worth of diapers, wipes, and infant formula to BMOC for mothers in need
- Delivering gifts and hosting lunch for the youth at Turning Points – The Bridge location. This is an annual tradition to make the holidays special for them.
- Gifting presents to senior citizens in our local community through the Angel Tree Program
- Walking with Out of the Dark Philadelphia to support suicide prevention. As Kenny’s Crusaders, EDA walks to honor a fallen friend and to raise awareness about mental health and resources that could help those in need
- Donating much-needed equipment and items to HALO. EDA donated a refrigerator and deep freezer to house perishable goods, and held a drive for toiletry items, bedding, Tylenol, etc. for HALO to send to those in need
Here are videos to the various EDA Cares charity partners, what they are, and what they mean to the employees on the committee:
EDA Cares volunteers are an inspiration to others as they give their time and talent to support charities and community programs. Working with local organizations that support our community, EDA Cares hopes to make a lasting impact in the lives of others. We are committed to our promise, to be successful together.
“The mission of EDA Cares is to create opportunities to give back to our community and improve the lives of others while simultaneously fostering a sense of comradery among our EDA Family; who get involved in programs they are passionate about.”