Headquartered in Bensalem PA and founded in 1999, EDA Contractors holds an extensive portfolio of experience related to the exterior envelope of commercial, institutional, and industrial buildings. EDA achieves excellence by integrating design knowledge, continuous training, and accountability into every facet of the company.
EDA provides a wide range of comprehensive services: Air & Vapor Barriers, Green Roof Systems, Masonry, Repair & Maintenance, Roofing & Sheetmetal, Siding & Wall Panels, Slate & Copper Roofing, and Waterproofing.
EDA is a growth and customer-oriented organization. We are proud to foster a workplace culture that has been recognized with several Top Workplace awards.
This newly created executive level position will play a pivotal role in advancing EDA’s growth. This leader will serve as a key business partner to the CEO, COO and the leadership team.
The Vice President of Estimating and Business Development to be responsible for supervising and monitoring the entire estimating department. The Vice President of Estimating will maintain high quality standards and develop a department that focuses on teamwork, cross functional projects, and integrity while adhering to the company mission and vision.
This individual excels in a fast-paced environment, is a leader in estimating and preconstruction and is influential by nature, possesses a strong ability to build and foster relationships. This hands-on role includes leading robust client interaction, strategic project identification, developing highly collaborative business partnerships, and ensuring we submit high-quality estimates and proposals, championing the ONE EDA mindset.
- Work collaboratively with operations while leading and managing the estimating team to drive accountability toward innovative, competitive, and compliant estimates and proposals following robust and clearly defined estimating procedures
- Maintain existing relationships and build new relationships within existing and potential clients
- Develop win strategies through engagement with estimate kickoff process and estimate review process
- Create a culture of trusted estimators acting as their champion and cultivating psychological safety learning about successes, concerns, challenges
- Delegate and assign estimates to the team while ensuring estimating team accountability
- Ensure all pending estimates are submitted thoroughly, completely, and on-time with high quality and fully compliant forms and submittals
- Establish estimating standards for all estimates and oversee analysis of past performance on estimates
- Act as the estimating strategic leader recognizing areas of estimating improvements through observation or from recommendations from the team
- Engage throughout the preconstruction process as needed to ensure understanding of the project goals, client goals, and drive the estimate strategy throughout the estimating process and review
- Cultivate and maintain strong partnerships with diverse subcontractors and vendors partners
- Oversee final subcontractor and vendor selections while applying prequalification standards and procedures
- Develop and maintain client, subcontractor, and other industry relationships at the appropriate level, reinforcing commitment to continuously address their needs and interests
- Create and maintain strong leads that are unique to the EDA Envelope
- Ensure EDA is positioned to be market competitive knowing our current place in the market and creating strategies to create breath and depth in new markets for each trade by region
- Work collaboratively with Marketing, Branding and Communications to ensure a blended approach to external brand and marketing
- Actively participate in company-wide initiatives to further key company goals
- Ensure profitable project budgets. Responsible for overseeing the estimate hand-off process between preconstruction and operations
- Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelors Degree required in Business, construction management, Engineering, or related field.
- 15+ years of preconstruction or construction experience in commercial construction.
- Proven track record, strong leadership skills, and experience managing complex projects and estimates more than $80 Million
- Transformational leader with demonstrated experience
- Demonstrated experience as an innovator
- Excellent communicator and an ambassador for the company
- Has a thorough knowledge of building systems, current market pricing, and practical application of modern quantification and estimating techniques from conceptual and schematic design through final budgets
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
- Ability to act decisively and effectively in stressful situations with a sense of urgency
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Paid time off
- Health insurance with medical, dental and vision
- 401K eligible after 2 months, company matching up to 4% after one (1) year of employment
- Performance based merit increase
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Company wide events
- Lunch N Learns
This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications.
EDA Contractors is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. EDA Contractors does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other categories protected by applicable federal or state law. Here at EDA Contractors we strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion, and belonging every day.
For more information about EDA, please visit our website at www.edacontractors.com
Principals only, recruiters please don’t contact any EDA employee about this job post. No phone calls or emails will be accepted.
Ready to join the EDA team? Apply today so we can review your qualifications. We will reach out to you if we think you are a good fit!