Headquartered in Bensalem, PA and founded in 1999, EDA Contractors holds an extensive portfolio of experience related to the exterior envelope of commercial, institutional, and industrial buildings. EDA achieves excellence by integrating design knowledge, continuous training, and accountability into every facet of the company.
EDA provides a wide range of comprehensive services: Air & Vapor Barriers, Green Roof Systems, Masonry, Repair & Maintenance, Roofing & Sheetmetal, Siding & Wall Panels, Slate & Cooper Roofing, and Waterproofing.
EDA is a growth and customer-oriented organization. We are proud to foster a workplace culture that has been recognized with several Top Workplace awards.
As the Safety Coordinator you will facilitate compliance with Occupational Health and Safety (OSH) guidelines in an effort to minimize the risk of job-related accidents. You will monitor operations to eliminate hazardous activities and provide advice on measures that can be implemented to minimize hazards or unhealthy situations. This individual will also assist the safety director with developing and implementing policies to promote Occupational Health and Safety awareness.
EDA Contractor’s Safety coordinator shall be well versed in all OSH dictations, must have excellent attention to detail in order to identify hazards, and have the ability to communicate efficiently and effectively to varying personalities in the office and field in order to influence the perception of safety.
- Evaluate practices, procedures, and facilities to assess risk and enforce adherence to preventative measures.
- Investigate accidents and incidents to discover root cause analysis.
- Prepare reports on occurrences and provide statistical information to upper management.
- Inspect equipment and machinery to observe possible unsafe conditions.
- Initiate and organize OHS training for all employees.
- Collaborate with clients/customers to monitor compliance and identify safety issues.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proven experience as a Safety professional
- In depth knowledge of OSH guidelines and best practices
- Department of Buildings training (NYC SST – 62)
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- BCs/BA in OSH or relevant field
- Diligent with attention to detail and excellent communicator.
- Paid time off
- Health insurance with medical, dental and vision
- 401K eligible after 2 months, company matching up to 4% after one (1) year of employment
- Performance based merit increase
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Companywide events
- Lunch N Learns
For more information about EDA, please visit our website at www.edacontractors.com
Ready to join the EDA team? Apply today so we can review your qualifications. We will reach out to you if we think you are a good fit!